Hello! I graduated from Montana State University in May of 2017 with Highest Honors, where I majored in Mechanical Engineering and minored in Aerospace. I also graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Honors College. Highlights of my time at MSU include conducting undergraduate materials research on coatings for turbine blades that reduce corrosion and developing an instrumented impact panel to study drone impact forces on aircraft with the FAA’s Center of Excellence for UAS Research (click for video).
I am a flight instructor, instrument rated commercial single and multiengine pilot, and have endorsements for complex and high performance aircraft. I have extensive airport operations experience - ranging from airline fueling & baggage handling to complete servicing of private jets and other general aviation aircraft.
ME Add On Checkride: October 2018
CFI-A CPL ASEL AMEL IR HP CMP
- Total Time: 501.8
- PIC: 413.4
- Cross Country: 90.2
- Instrument: 63.3 (6.3 actual, 57.0 simulated)
- Night: 26.2
- SEL: 487.9
- MEL: 13.9
February 2019 - Present
Flight Instructor (CFI)
Inflight Pilot Training, Full-Time
I am a flight instructor at Inflight Pilot Training located at the Flying Cloud Airport (KFCM) in Eden Prairie, MN.
October 2017 - March 2018
Line Service Technician
Signature Flight Support, Full-Time
I worked as a Line Service Technician at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) during the fall of 2017 and winter of 2018 while I was training for my instrument rating. I provided extenstive aircraft services to all types of aircraft - from piston single engine trainers to wide body airliners to military transports & fighters. I also conducted quality control operations for all aviation fuels at Signature Flight Support.
- Conducted quality control operations for Jet A & 100LL aviation fuels, including inspections of fuel tanker trucks and fuel farm
- Received Jet A fuel via pipeline, conducted laboratory tests to verify dry & clean fuel
- Provided expedient ground service for an extensive variety of airline, business, military, and general aviation aircraft at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport
- Responsible for accurately fueling aircraft, baggage handling, providing precision marshaling & wing walking, towing aircraft to & from hangars, potable water service, engine oil service, driving passenger/crew shuttle, and providing both type I & IV deicing
Mechanical Engineering Intern
BNSF Railway, Full-Time
I worked as a Mechanical Engineering Intern for BNSF Railway in the summer of 2016, in between my junior and senior years of college. I collaborated with craft employees, management, and outside vendors to complete projects on time and under budget.
- Designed and implemented mobile locomotive jump starting station (click for photo)
- Completed detailed Job Safety Analysis for jump starting station
- Collaborated with electricians and boilermakers to optimize jump station ergonomics
- Developed interactive, map based tool for warehouse optimization
Summers & Winters: 2014 - 2015
Aircraft Fueling Agent
Swissport Fueling, Inc., Full-Time
I worked as an Aircraft Fueling Agent at Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport (MSP) during the first two summer and winter breaks of college. I was responsible for fueling Delta and Delta Connection flights, both domestic and international. I achieved 100% on time departures in my time at MSP. This position contributed to my strong understanding of airport operations, and I developed my leadership skills by providing on the job training for new hires.
- Responsible for refueling and defueling of Delta aircraft at Minneapolis-St.Paul International Airport
- Provided on the job training for new employees; emphasizing teamwork, efficiency, and safety to ensure 100% on time departures
- Provided emergency fuel spill response & clean up
- Coordinated with other companies in a complex, high stress environment to ensure smooth ramp operation.
February 2017 - May 2017
Trego Dugan Aviation, Part-Time
I worked as a Ramp Agent for Trego Dugan Aviation during the spring semester of my senior year of college. I was responsible for servicing American Eagle flights and providing excellent customer service at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN).
- Loaded and unloaded customer luggage and company material accurately and promptly
- Marshaled in and pushed back aircraft on the ramp
- Assisted customers with special needs
- Maintained customer security during boarding and deplaning
January 2015 - May 2016
Montana State University, Part-Time
I worked as an undergraduate researcher at Montana State University during the latter half of my sophomore year and the entirety of my junior year. I worked in the Montana Microfabrication Facility, where I developed new protocol to be used on the Angstrom Engineering multi-source magnetron sputtering deposition system. This system fabricated Al, Cr, and C thin film coatings on Ni201, which offered protection in low temperature hot corrosion environments.
Expert, 4+ Years
I have a strong background in Airport Operations, and understand the nuances of both large and small airports, having worked at both MSP and BZN. My experience ranges from hydrant and tanker refueling to interacting with customers with special needs to loading and unloading cargo.
Proficient, 4+ Years
I am proficient in the following software packages:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Rocket Propulsion Analysis
Proficient, 4+ Years
I am proficient at programming in the following languages/software packages:
Montana State University
Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace Minor) and Honors Baccalaureate
Graduated in May of 2017 with Highest Honors. Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (Mechanical) in April of 2017.
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Finite Element Analysis
- Mechanical Component Design
- Fluid Mechanics
- Aircraft Structures
- Thermodynamics of Propulsion
- Introduction to Combustion